The Scenario – Do you sometimes wish you had an on/off switch to control your emotions and stress triggers? There might not be a switch, but perhaps we can train our brains.
Can we control how our brains experience stress?
The limbic system, or the “emotional brain,” is responsible for regulating feelings like fear, stress, hunger and memory as well as maintaining homeostasis in the body. The emotional brain is “plastic” or adaptable, enabling us to control the aforementioned feelings. Emotional Brain Training (EBT), developed by Laurel Mellin, MA, RD, is the process by which we control those feelings. The program is conducted through a series of “kits.” Each kit focuses on a different aspect of your life to teach you to control your emotions and reduce stress:
- Create a peaceful space in which you can healthily and effectively process stress
- Learn to accept yourself for exactly what you are, positive and negative attributes alike
- Construct a lifestyle that enables natural pleasure
- Designate a purpose for your life based on your personal values and morals
- Create relationships based on deep emotional connections
- Experience true joy to the fullest extent
The Insight – You don’t have to settle with just being stressed all the time. You can train your brain to better manage stress and emotions so that you can truly enjoy life. Seek greater self-awareness and continue to nurture it as long as you live. Learn to accept yourself, even as you change, make and learn from mistakes and discover new things in life. Fine tune your morals and values and allow them to direct your decisions. Choose to engage in deep, meaningful relationships. Choose to keep your brain emotionally healthy and stress free!
Will you choose to take action?
Creating Positive Perspectives for Life