The Scenario: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou
Inspiration is everywhere. We just have to be open to see and feel it. Our feelings are the result of messages from the brain. To understand these messages we need to be able to feel them when they arise.
How do we tap into inspiration so we are open to receive it?
It’s different for all of us but, much like catching the flu, the conditions have to be just right to receive inspiration. We catch the flu when our immune system is low. We’re inspired when our defenses, distractions and “life clutter” are low. We have to be in the right mental frame of mind to “catch” the feeling of inspiration.
Here are some suggestions:
- Say “yes” when you normally say “no”
- Get outside your comfort zone
- Create a list of the simple pleasures in life (i.e. “Daily Gifts”)
- Do something you’ve never done before
- Read every day
- Create a “List of Likes” to revisit
- Look at pictures of happy moments
- Peruse magazines with pictures of places you’ve never been
- Turn that mental image into a reality
- Surround yourself with empowered, motivated people
- Construct a “Vision Board”
The Insight: Inspiration stimulates motivation. Tapping into that feeling is unique for everyone.
How do you “catch” your inspiration?
A Positive Perspective for Life, Love, and Relationships