he Scenario: What can you tell about a car from its exterior? The color, make, model and maybe the year is evident if you are familiar enough with the brand. The license plate tells us where the car was registered and sometimes even purchased. It might even give us a clue about what the driver likes and can afford. This concept is similar to the information people glean from the image we project.
Does the image you portray reflect your level of confidence?
Questions to Consider:Do you…
- More readily accept negative criticism with poise and social candor?
- Surround yourself with positive like-minded people who you admire?
- Maintain eye contact, open body language, and clear cadence when speaking?
- Believe your opinions are of equal value to the opinions of others?
- Celebrate your own successes as well as others’ achievements?
- Change your interests, image or personality to make yourself more attractive to others?
The Insight: Work at the image you project. Self-confidence exhibited by the attention to detail you display, how you treat people, present yourself, demonstrate body language and make choices. Appreciate and respect all the parts of your life that make you who you are today. You will be able to represent your best self confidently if you recognize and appreciate who that is.
What does your image say about you?
Creating Positive Perspectives for Life