The Scenario – Few things happen spontaneously or overnight. Much of what we do requires preparation, patience and persistence. Like building a bridge across a canyon, you can’t get to the other side safely until you’ve paved the way from your starting point.
How do we maximize job satisfaction before beginning a career?
Dr. Bill Knaus, Ed.D., co-author of Fearless Job Hunting, suggests a career study to seek and find a suitable career centered on a “Career Preference Profile.” Assess your work preferences according to the following five points to determine what career best suits you and will bring you the most satisfaction:
1. Identify the type of work that you find the most meaningful.
2. Identify the roles that best suit your abilities according to your performance within those roles.
3. Determine the aspects of a career that you find the most significant.
4. Evaluate your general attitude in a work environment.
5. Honestly assess the optimum amount of responsibility you can handle.
The Insight – You know yourself best. Identify your personal strengths, weaknesses, and preferences when seeking the best career for you. Pave your own way to success by finding the occupation that suits your needs.
Where does your bridge to success begin?
Creating Positive Perspectives for Life