The Scenario – Science experiments are assigned with very specific instructions. You create your hypothesis, perform your experiment and then draw your conclusions. When it comes to happiness in your life, you are the scientist. If you had a formula for happiness, would you experiment in you?
What factors determine personal happiness?
1. H= Enduring Levels of Happiness
- The formula specifically measures happiness that lasts as opposed to temporary positive emotions.
2. S= Set Range
- Genetically predetermined level of happiness we tend toward.
3. C= Life Circumstances
- Present situation and past experiences.
4. V= Voluntary Control
- Sense of control within life circumstances.
The Insight – Our ability to overcome adversity and cultivate positive emotions despite life circumstances and set range is ultimately what determines our levels of enduring happiness. Don’t get discouraged if life throws a challenge your way. Rather, look for an encouraging and forward-thinking perspective. You are responsible for the amount of happiness in your personal formula. Experiment in you!
What are the ingredients in your happiness experiment?
Creating Positive Perspectives for Life